Wednesday, April 4, 2012

MMMMiddle of the week treat! Chocolate chip pie

I just love to surprise my boys with a middle of the week treat!  This week I made a chocolate chip pie.  Husband rated this one as a one and half thumbs up.  My daughter and son both thought it was great.


Chocolate Chip Pie

1 roll of sugar cookie dough or homemade sugar cookie dough
2 large eggs
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup chopped nuts (I used walnuts)

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

Roll sugar dough to 1/4 inch thickness and place in nine-inch deep dish pie dish.

Beat eggs in large mixer bowl on high spped until foamy.  Beat in flour, sugar and brown sugar.  Beat in butter.  Stir in chocolate chips and nuts. Spoon into the pie shell.

Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until knife inserted halfway between edge and center comes out clean.  Cool on wire rack.  Serve warm.

 

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to have to try this it looks delicious. Then again there isn't anything you make that isn't :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Becah! I think the fam is quite excited about my new blog because it's means lots of taste testing!!

    ReplyDelete