Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Randy Is Not a Teenager Anymore!

Beautiful flowers from Chris!



On Saturday we threw a little party for Randy's 20th birthday.  There was great company, lots of music and dancing and I made a few things to eat.  Kidding.  I made a lot of food, which is my passion.  I had so much fun.  We had a baked potato bar.  I learned years ago to bake potatoes until almost done and then put them in a cooler - yep a cooler, without ice.  Close the lid and voila, hot potatoes throughout the night!  I made a big batch of chili, steamed broccoli, chopped green onions, salsa, sour cream and shredded cheddar cheese for a selection of toppings.  Sliced some watermelon and fresh pineapple. 
Washed a big box of strawberries and served them with sour cream and brown sugar - Rand's favorite way to eat strawberries.  We had lots of bottles of water, some soda and a lime sherbert punch.  Instead of a cake I decided to create some cupcakes, making this so much easier to serve.  I went a little crazy and had my own version of "Cupcake Wars" with myself!  I will post recipes soon but here is a look at the cupcakes.....

Banana Cupcakes garnished with a banana chip!


Peanut Butter Suprise Cupcakes!


Chocolate Orange Cupcakes!

Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes!



Carrot Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting!

And the cupcake that was the favorite of the night.....

Mocha Cupcakes with a center of Ferrero Roche frosted with Nutella Frosting!!

So much fun!

Happy Birthday to my Brown Bear.

No comments:

Post a Comment