Friday, April 24, 2015

Helping out a neighbor

Tonight I helped out a neighbor family with dinner.  There are many reasons I might be asked to help in times of family needs....maybe it's medical or a death or a birth.  Whatever the reason, it is always my pleasure to cook something I think my family would like to receive at a time when cooking might be the hardest thing to accomplish.  

I want to share with you one of my best "finds."  It is Kirkland Signature Master Carver Ham from Costco.  I bought one of these a couple of years ago and have never been disappointed by their quality, flavor or ease of preparation.


It's a fully-cooked ham, very lean, and absolutely delicious.


It cooks at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes per pound, adding a currant glaze for the last 20 minutes.


So lean, not overly salty and soooo delicious!


To round out their meal, I added a fresh strawberry jello, sunflower seed salad, macaroni and cheese.





For dessert, there are some apple roses and chocolate chip cookies (for the littles in the household!



I make an effort to put everything in non-returnable containers, so the family doesn't have to worry about getting things back to me.  One of the bonus moments is Lonnie and I have a "duplicate" dinner to eat tonight, because that ham is plenty for two families.

Take a moment and try this Master Carver Ham sometime.  I think you will agree it is one of the best hams around.




No comments:

Post a Comment